Saturday 27 March 2010

Audrey Hepburn

Hello, fellow bloggers! Thanks for all the lovely comments and stuff, I've been feeling really good this past week. :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to show you this thing that I did for Art. We're studying cubism and so I decided to do my own take on synthetic cubism, which includes collage. I based my collage upon a drawing that I had done a while ago of Audrey Hepburn in the iconic scene as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. You can see the original post: here! I have also posted the original drawing in this post too. It was all actually so much more time-consuming that I had originally anticipated, but yeah. The choice of newspaper cuttings for the background was done in some sort of bid to represent the media surrounding celebrities and fame in general. I highlighted out some words such as "money", "ambition", "legendary", "joy", "quality", "the sky's the limit" and a few others. I found the duration of making this piece a thought-provoking one. Hope you like it! :-)

This weekend, I'm just gonna read some books which I checked out from the library and then just generally chill. I'm looking forward to just doing nothing. And then we only have three and a half days left and then it's Easter, I'm so psyched! Some family and friends are coming round next weekend and then I might try and see if my sister and I can take a trip down to London at the start of the summer. Bit of a long way away, but I want to make some more plans. I'm a bit neurotic like that, what with all my list-making!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also, nearly forgot.. I received my first blog award the other day from the lovely Mads from It's Okay To Procrastinate You should all definitely check out her blog. :)


So.. seven things about myself?
1. I kind of touched upon this in the first part of this post. I am incredibly neurotic and a complete perfectionist. I'm also a neat freak. Everything has to be the way that I want it, otherwise I go a little mad.
2. I drink caffeine all the time. All the time. I love tea and lattes and iced lattes. And I have to have at least one can of Coke a day. I don't know why, I've just gotten used to it now. I have really, really milky tea with one sugar and I prefer Coke Zero to normal Coke.
3. I'm classed as a complete geek when it comes to studies. My favourite subjects are Maths and Chemistry, whilst I have some interests in Art and Latin. For my GCSE options, I opted for Latin, Art, History and French with Geography and Food Tech as back ups.
4. I love listening to music. I'm terrible at the actual lesson and I can't play any instruments at all, but I love listening to music. I remember having a pop phase, an indie phase, a rock phase and now I'm in between everything. I love folk, blue-eyed soul, indie, bit of old rock. I'm a fan of both the classics and also new bands. Van Morrison remains to be one of my favourite singers.
5. I could never be a vegetarian. Ever. I love food, I love meat. Food is not food without meat. Steak and chicken and lobster and everything. I love watching cooking programmes, I just wanna be on Come Dine With Me, ha!
6. I'm an atheist! I don't believe in God, but I still respect those who have opted to believe in a religion and a God. I understand why there is religion; for people, it answers the why, whilst science only answers the how.
7. You may have guessed... I like clothes! My mother's penchant for designer clothing has made me a ridiculously lucky fourteen year old! I love all my designer clothes, hand-me-downs, high street clothes and everything.

And that's about it!

I would like to nominate seven other bloggers, it was so hard to choose!
Had to add an extra one.. 8. Camille at Owl Wings

So... This blog turned out to be longer than expected! Anyway, have a great weekend and next week before Easter. Happy blogging! :-)
Chloe

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, your collage is amazing!! This was really enjoyable to read, I want to be on come dine with me too! haha. I'll definately take a look at the blog's of those you've nominated.
    Have a lovely easter holiday!
    Love mads xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the pictures of audrey hepburn!! i wish i could draw!!
    and thank you so much for the blog award, it's my first one too and means a lot!! :D
    ells, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I only know Steady As She Goes, any recommendations? Your collage looks amazing!
    And thank you so much for the award :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah! I love this collage and Audrey, this is so great! Good job :)

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for commenting...
    your painting is really creative
    *gave me an idea to copy you...lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your super sweet comment! I love your work of art! You are very talented! I love Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the collage. We did about synthetic cubism in an art history lecture a few weeks ago, and I'd have to say, I think you did a pretty good job. =]
    I found your blog on Abi's and thought I'd take a peek and I like how you write, so I added you to my RSS feed and my links section. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment, so thank you in advance for visiting my blog! :-)