Hello, fellow bloggers! Thanks for all the lovely comments and stuff, I've been feeling really good this past week. :-)
Anyway, I just wanted to show you this thing that I did for Art. We're studying cubism and so I decided to do my own take on synthetic cubism, which includes collage. I based my collage upon a drawing that I had done a while ago of Audrey Hepburn in the iconic scene as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's. You can see the original post: here! I have also posted the original drawing in this post too. It was all actually so much more time-consuming that I had originally anticipated, but yeah. The choice of newspaper cuttings for the background was done in some sort of bid to represent the media surrounding celebrities and fame in general. I highlighted out some words such as "money", "ambition", "legendary", "joy", "quality", "the sky's the limit" and a few others. I found the duration of making this piece a thought-provoking one. Hope you like it! :-)
This weekend, I'm just gonna read some books which I checked out from the library and then just generally chill. I'm looking forward to just doing nothing. And then we only have three and a half days left and then it's Easter, I'm so psyched! Some family and friends are coming round next weekend and then I might try and see if my sister and I can take a trip down to London at the start of the summer. Bit of a long way away, but I want to make some more plans. I'm a bit neurotic like that, what with all my list-making!
Also, nearly forgot.. I received my first blog award the other day from the lovely Mads from It's Okay To Procrastinate You should all definitely check out her blog. :)
So.. seven things about myself?
1. I kind of touched upon this in the first part of this post. I am incredibly neurotic and a complete perfectionist. I'm also a neat freak. Everything has to be the way that I want it, otherwise I go a little mad.
2. I drink caffeine all the time. All the time. I love tea and lattes and iced lattes. And I have to have at least one can of Coke a day. I don't know why, I've just gotten used to it now. I have really, really milky tea with one sugar and I prefer Coke Zero to normal Coke.
3. I'm classed as a complete geek when it comes to studies. My favourite subjects are Maths and Chemistry, whilst I have some interests in Art and Latin. For my GCSE options, I opted for Latin, Art, History and French with Geography and Food Tech as back ups.
4. I love listening to music. I'm terrible at the actual lesson and I can't play any instruments at all, but I love listening to music. I remember having a pop phase, an indie phase, a rock phase and now I'm in between everything. I love folk, blue-eyed soul, indie, bit of old rock. I'm a fan of both the classics and also new bands. Van Morrison remains to be one of my favourite singers.
5. I could never be a vegetarian. Ever. I love food, I love meat. Food is not food without meat. Steak and chicken and lobster and everything. I love watching cooking programmes, I just wanna be on Come Dine With Me, ha!
6. I'm an atheist! I don't believe in God, but I still respect those who have opted to believe in a religion and a God. I understand why there is religion; for people, it answers the why, whilst science only answers the how.
7. You may have guessed... I like clothes! My mother's penchant for designer clothing has made me a ridiculously lucky fourteen year old! I love all my designer clothes, hand-me-downs, high street clothes and everything.
And that's about it!
And that's about it!
I would like to nominate seven other bloggers, it was so hard to choose!
Had to add an extra one.. 8. Camille at Owl Wings
So... This blog turned out to be longer than expected! Anyway, have a great weekend and next week before Easter. Happy blogging! :-)