Sunday 19 January 2014

18th Birthday!

Hello, lovely bloggers! Today, I turned 18 years old! It hasn't quite hit me that I'm now officially considered an 'adult'. Despite always being a bit of an old soul, it's quite strange to think that from here on out, I'm very much transitioning through the stage of my life titled 'Growing Up'. This year, I'll be headed to university and will be having lots of new experiences that no doubt go hand in hand with leaving home and living with new people. It's gonna be a pretty big, exciting year for me (I hope!) and I can't wait.

I've had a lovely day today, mostly spending it with family as I still have mock exams tomorrow and Tuesday (very, very sad times!) I was spoilt with cards and money which is officially being put aside for my new camera fund! On top of that, I was treated to a few lovely items of clothing from my very generous mum, which is always lovely! I snagged a few items from ASOS, which will no doubt be making an appearance on the blog soon. However, the things which totally made my day were... 

EDIT:
(By the way, I finally joined the Instagram-party a few years late... @chloetamxo)

A satchel from The Leather Satchel Co., as well as a Google Nexus 7!!! (I'm actually writing from the Nexus now, which is very cool! Though I can't seem to upload some photos from here, so I guess this post will have to be photo-less!) Anyway, these were such unexpected gifts from my aunty and uncle - and I'm absolutely in love with them both! So, it's needless to say that I feel very spoilt today! I'm also gonna be celebrating my birthday with my friends next weekend at Handmade Burger Co. as I've still got mocks at the moment, so that should be really lovely, since it's kind of like prolonging my birthday for another week! 

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you all know I had a really lovely birthday! Turning 18 feels like a massive milestone and I'm extremely excited for what this year will bring!

Chloe. X

6 comments:

  1. I hope you had a fantastic birthday! It sounds like you got some great gifts as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) Birthday, Chloe! Guess it's time to update your profile/about me! I remember turning it and feeling so much older and grown up. Going to university itself, though, will make you feel much older I bet.

    Also, I apologize for not reading or commenting lately. I realized I had stopped receiving your blog in my Blogger Google Reader feed. It doesn't make much sense to me since i still receive others? Anyhow, I'm trying to use Bloglovin' more and I still follow your blog there so now I can make a better effort to comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, happy birthday!! I know I'm late but you'll be celebrating soon again so it's ok, right? ;) What utter awesome gifts you got! And I'm definitely following you on instagram!

    I hope your year will be awesome, being 18 was a year of LOADS of self discovery for me. Anyway, I hope your exams went ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you belated happy birthday wishes. Yes, being 18 stills feels like a milestone to me too, even though I'll turn 19 this year. You're right, it's the age of some of the more significant transitions one is likely to experience. Enjoy all the changes as they roll along. And I hope your mocks went well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 18?! Gosh, enjoy it :) Hope you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sounds like you had an amazing day!!!

    I'm following you on Instagram now (lavendersgreen).

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment, so thank you in advance for visiting my blog! :-)