Saturday 5 February 2011

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Hey guys and gals. Here's a little barely-there outfit post. I'm wearing clothes, so it counts as an 'outfit' post, I suppose. I just can't do anything very interesting, because British weather is particularly unforthcoming when it comes to distribution of sunshine and warmth, etc. Anywho, here it is:

Photobucket
Gap top and Zara cardigan
Photobucket
Photobucket
Bookshelf
Photobucket
Freakonomics is really good, still not finished it, but still really enjoying it, especially as it's a non-fiction book. The other two books and the two DVDs are late birthday presents from my friends which I asked for:
1. I've been wanting to read Walden for ages! I'd read some quotations from it ages ago and have wanted to get my hands on it for a while, so perfect opportunity and I can't wait to read it!
2. One Day is a book that I randomly saw on Amazon and I just really liked the sound of it. It resembled Nick Hornby's and Tony Parson's style of writing at first glance, which kinda pushed me to want to read it.
3. Leap Year is my guilty pleasure, since I watched it on the plane on the way back from America last summer. Matthew Goode and Amy Adams are so charming, I just had to get it!
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Another long-awaited purchase. I had heard of this ages ago and always wanted to watch it!

Now, enough prattling. I have an English essay to write on Shakespeare's Macbeth. Joy of joys. I'm also currently nursing a headache, sore throat and runny nose. Enough complaining, I suppose. Hope the rest of you are enjoying your weekends. Happy blogging! :-)

Chloe xxx

P.S. Listen to Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. Fantastic song, which I always just want to belt out from the rooftops or something. Makes me feel alive.

4 comments:

  1. How weird! I just bought One Day on a total whim too! (I know you got it as a present, but still, our feelings towards it seeming interesting were the same) I also bought Jon McGregor's newest book and the one before that which I've been dying to read. If you've not read any of his stuff, definitely read If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things. It's just beautiful. A lot of people didn't know what to make of it, because the style's not for everyone (For instance, none of the characters are named. Instead, the boy with glasses etc.)
    Honestly, it's one of my favourite books and I bought the other two straight off the back of it.. I think you'll really like it, given your selection pictured here. =]
    Anyway, sorry for the mini book review! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of 'Leap Year' before, but if it has Matthew Goode in it I definitely have to see it now!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great dvd selection, I really want to see Leap Year. That's it i'm renting it this weekend.

    Toya
    x

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every single comment, so thank you in advance for visiting my blog! :-)